Thursday, 31 May 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful wk22

Thursday is #R2BC day, and much like Mich at Mummy from the Heart, I was struggling to come up with reasons. I have also been feeling like blogging has not been high on the list of priorities of late.


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

That is actually one of my reasons this week, the fact that, for the first time, I haven't been stressing about the consequences of not blogging very much the past week or so. I'm putting it down to the fantastic weather last week, just being out and about more and so i've not had the same opportunities or inclination to sit and blog. And rather than worry about stats and pageviews, etc, I've not. I've thought, so what? What will happen? Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Niet. Rien.

And I put that attitude partly down to trying to follow some of the 'teachings' (don't like that word, too formal, but can't think of a better one) of F**k It.

Describing itself as "the ultimate spiritual way, ... without the sandals", being a F**kiteer is about letting go of the little things and about the things over which we have no control. Check it out, don't be put off by the title (the more you see/say it, the less offensive it becomes, which is the idea). And no, this is not a sponsored post or anything, just my own opinion. I went to a F**k It Away Day in March, which I always meant to post about, and worried about not posting about. And then I thought "f**k it". Oh, it works!

Another R2BC for me this week is that I've just booked a wee holiday in July for B and I to go to York for a few days. Not only that, but we've got company this time, for both B and I, so lots of fun to be had for mummies and kids! It may not be a 2 week break on some sun-kissed island, but it'll do for us. Next stop, the Railway Museum! Just have to do some praying to the sun-gods to come back out.


For more R2BC, blog hop on over to Mich at Mummy from the Heart.

11 comments:

  1. Blogging returns to being fun when you chill about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly. sometimes it takes some downtime to work that out!

      Delete
  2. it does have the power to 'free' us from the nonsense in our heads, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll be adopting the F**k It philosophy!! Enjoy the NRM and if it does rain....F**k It!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes you're right, f**k it to rain!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I hope York is amazing for you all! I've actually never been, so can't wait to hear about it in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! we were there last year but for too short a trip, and i promised B a return visit!

      Delete
  5. Ha ha, love it! I think this attitude is a great one....releasing the forever nagging annoyance in the back of your mind...YOU MUST BLOG! Enjoy life and be carefree :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not always easy to adhere to it, but great when it works!

      Delete
  6. F**kiteer - brilliant. Its great to take a break from blogging - you come back to it so refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely, and without the worry of 'doing it right'!

      Delete