Thursday, 19 April 2012

#Reasons to be Cheerful - Wk 16

Ooh I'm in need of some cheerfulness, I am. It's been a tough ol' week back at school - and it's only been three days! Oh dear...
Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

B's behaviour has been particularly challenging, and I'm exhausted. I'm putting it down to his own exhaustion after the busy Easter holidays and getting back into the swing of things at school. So I am delving deep for some cheery thoughts.
image credit: 123rf.com

It's nearly the weekend, so a couple of days break from the stressful mornings, phew.

Despite the aforementioned behaviour, we have managed to make the school bell 2 out of 3 days so far (we'll not mention the 3rd day when we were a whole 15 minutes late and had to put his name in the 'late book' at the front office. Tut tut)

Apart from one 'blip', I have managed to remain reasonably calm and together (outwardly, at least!) in the face of tantrums, slamming doors, punching (oh yes), screeching, and just plain stubbornness. I know this has helped to stop some potential 'flip-outs' from becoming full-blown doozies.

In between the madness, he is my cuddly wee boy and I love him. Where else am I to get cuddles from these days?!

p.s. oh, an extra cheerful note, I've just noticed that my blog pageviews have broken the 1000 mark! Small potatoes for all you seasoned bloggers out there, granted, but it feels like a milestone for little ol' me!


What is making you cheery this week?


10 comments:

  1. Bless you. It is so hard when their behaviour is hard to cope with. We have had a few rough months with our 12 yr old but we are getting there. This is when it's a good thing that nothing lasts forever!! Hang in there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. yeah, clinging on to the 'its only a phase' thing!

      Delete
  2. Lots of hugs, I fully understand how difficult challenging behaviour can be. Enjoy your cuddles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! his cuddles more than make up for the feet-stomping!

      Delete
  3. I'm not there yet, but can only imagine what the stress of getting to the school gate on time must be like. Here's hoping that the next week is more cuddle heavy for you...and strop free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi claire...nice blog, very heartfelt and candid.Your son is a cutie pie. congrats on your 1000pageviews. It is a big deal indeed...celebrate it!!

    Re.behaviour...hang in there, this too shall pass. a good time to reward yourself with a nice treat at the end of every day....just for making it through another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 1000 and well done on clamping down on behaviour -good job we love our kids;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks all for your kinds words and encouragement! I was watching supernanny US the other day and realised that perhaps B is not that bad (comparatively) after all... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children can be plain hard work at times can't they? But then a lovely hug makes it all seem so worth it. Enjoy those times. If it's any consolation, we get a lot of screaming and hissy fits in our house too, hang in there! Congrats on the 1000 hits, I have only just started out so still dreaming about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for digging deep and finding some reasons, just wait one day all this beahviour will be a thing of the past. Well done on your bloggy success.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete