A week or so of galavanting about up and down the country has meant an enforced blog break this past week.
After freaking out about what would happen if I didnt blog for a whole week - turns out the world does keep on turning, imagine that! - I feel that the break has re-energised my blogging enthusiasm. It's also allowed me to remind myself why it is I started blogging, and am still blogging. I do think this sometimes gets lost in the mists of stats, memes, twitter and the rest. It's good to blow away the fog from time to time.
One of the reasons for my blog-free week has been our little mid-week Easter break up to Perthshire. Given my current lack-of-money status, luxury 5* accommodation is not a possiblity so I plumped for a caravan in a small holiday park. Always a bit wary of caravans, as I've had good and bad experiences in the past few years. Luckily it was a lovely caravan with actual central heating - something which was definitely needed given the freakish april snow!
Our holiday highlights, in no particular order:
1. We actually got there! Might not sound a big deal, but given the predicted snow on the day we were travelling, and the silly people who panic-bought petrol and emptied out the majority of the petrol stations, I was having serious doubts. But I outran the snow and fortunately the fuel hysteria was subsiding by the time we left.
2. B managed all the car journeys without any car sickness. He's been feeling rough on long and short journeys, and I thought the twisty roads would provoke the yucky feeling. But miraculously he felt totally fine. Bonus!
3. Our fun days out.
Glamis Castle, with its Kings and Queens - and ghosts
Scottish Deer Centre
4. Just chilling with B in our caravan, playing games or watching Tom and Jerry.
The only down side has been that all the fresh air and outdoors time has left me exhausted (doesn't seem to have done the same to B), and I need a rest to get over my holiday!






No comments:
Post a Comment