I was at a local farm park the other day. We came across the chickens at one point. One of them had its head turned right round, buried into its body. It looked like it had no head. But it wasn't strutting, flailing about, like you'd expect from the proverbial 'headless chicken'.
And I'm definitely flailing! My head is completely bursting at the moment with too much stuff spilling out of it.
Like, Getting stuff ready for my holiday next week, including getting a wedding outfit (friend getting married abroad, so making a wee - and well-deserved - holiday out of it). And not stressing about getting on a plane for the first time in 4 years. And I hate flying.
2. Planning B's birthday party and all that that entails. Even at 5 yrs old, the trauma at trying to work out who to invite, have i remembered everyone? Am I going to offend anyone if i forget to invite them? Do i invite everyone B mentions (he comes out with names I've never heard of before and talks about them as if they're best mates... for that week anyway)
3. Get B's birthday pressies. I'm at a loss as to what to get him this year! All he wants is more trains. NO!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO MORE TRAINS!! He is a total train fanatic. I can see him, 20 years from now, anorak and thick-rimmed NHS glasses with his notebook and pencil at the end of some random train platform in the middle of nowhere jotting down the train numbers.
4. Preparing for B starting P1 this year. This is a whole week's worth of posts right here, mostly about me coping with the idea of him going to school... Not to mention afterschool and holiday childcare, etc etc ...
5. And of course, there's just the small matter of trying to find a job at the same time.
When am I supposed to have the time to work?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment