How did I get here? 15 months ago, i was plodding along, happy (or at least comfortable) with my little piece of life, married, adorable son B, decent enough job, great friends, bit of a social life when parental duties allowed...(which probably wasn’t that often!).
Then BAM! - the first “End-of-the-World moment” arrives and i’ve become another ‘single mom’ statistic, helpless to understand what the heck just happened, heartbroken at the thought of what it will do to B. (That’s the worst part and I don’t reckon that will ever go away.)
Six months later, “End-of-the-World v.2” - the latest ‘restructure’ in work finally reaches its inescapable conclusion i.e. redundancies. Having experienced several of these restructures in my time with the organisation and been lucky enough to survive them, I guess it was inevitable I wouldn’t outlast too many more...
So a week before Christmas 2010 I’m officially unemployed. First Christmas without husband.
Happy Days indeed...
Now, I know that’s all a bit heavy-going for only post no. 2... Maybe i shouldn’t be writing this while watching the end of “Marley and Me”. Trying not to cry but oh so hard when Owen Wilson says his goodbyes to Marley in the vets... But this won’t be a forlorn or bitter blog, at least i hope not! As well as a bit of therapy for me, i hope to entertain and amuse, inform occasionally, and maybe even encourage anyone who should find themselves nodding along to some of what i have been, and am, experiencing.
No comments:
Post a Comment