Sunday, 4 September 2011

Listography

From Kate Takes 5 Listography- Things I Did This Summer

Photobucket
1. I started blogging!! After much procrastination, I decided to give the whole blogging thing a whirl and see where it takes me... followed swiftly by all sorts of stress about am I blogging right? Am I blogging enough? Should I be commenting/following more bloggers? When the heck do I have time to do all this? etc etc. Still feel like a newbie blogger with lots to learn, but having great fun writing and reading along the way.

2. Got on an aeroplane for the first time in four years. Serious plane-o-phobia (don't know the correct terminology on that one...) since my late teens, for no particular reason. Tried various 'cures' over the years like hypnotherapy, self-help books, fear-of-flying course, but alas no Eureka moment has ever presented itself to take away the fear. So a big deal to fly after such a long time, and hey! I survived!!

3.  Celebrated my wee boy's 5th birthday and before catching breath, watched him turn into a BSB - that's a Big School Boy to the uninitiated... 2 1/2 weeks in to term, he's still not quite settled in yet, and I'm still coming to terms with the emotions and anxieties its raises within me. It's amazing the effect a polo shirt, trousers and a jumper can have on a mummy!

4. Applied for very few jobs as there are just not many of the suckers out there worth applying for - which meant I also continued to spend more of my redundancy payout to keep us ticking over. Hoping the autumn will bring more opportunities...

5. Spent lots of time with my boy: going for days out and the odd trip to the beach (what?! we had sunshine this summer?!), a couple of mini-breaks to York and Northumberland, little walks in the nearby woods, and just mucking about at home.






Phew! It's been a blast! x




7 comments:

  1. How lvovely. Congrats on the plane journey - bet that was a real accomplishment (though not as good as having your own blog of course..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I spent my summer on my redundancy pay out. Good luck with finding a job - you did the flying thing - nothing can stop you know! Welcome to the world of blogging I'm afraid it takes over your life - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Am first time visitor via Listography. I love your question "am I blogging right?" Have asked the same question myself. Then told myself to stop asking so many questions.

    It looks like to gave your son a fab summer. BM x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging, it's addictive but great fun! Hope the autumn brings more job opportunities for us both as I've got to start looking too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely list - I'm with you on the blogging anxiety as a newbie myself. There's so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've been blogging for 2 1/2 years and still ask myself if I'm doing it right.Read lots of blogs and comment where you can.Blog as often as you want and about what you want.Join Blogger Ed forums and Brit Mums.Glad you got over your flying fear that's something I'm yet to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello fellow Burgh Mummy! I've just found your blog and looking forward to reading more. Blackford Hill is awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete