I'm actually feeling a little more cheerful this week than i have for a while now, here's a few reasons why:
- I got confirmation today of a getting a few extra hours at work. It's not going to solve all my money worries, but will certainly help a bit. And I can 'backdate' it til the start of March so i'll get a full month's worth of increased pay at the end of the month, wooppee!
- Went round to a new mummy friend's house the other day, for a playdate for B - but really more a cuppa/cake-date for us mummies, the first time we've managed to get a date when we're both free after school.
- Felt very chuffed with my jewellery creations from last weekend's course in silver jewellery-making. Now just need to find the time and money to do some more of it!
- The author who takes the creative writing course I'm currently doing said this week she really liked my writing, which has given me a real confidence boost to keep going.
- B told me I was a 'special Mummy' this morning (don't think he was after anything...) - can't beat that for a start to the day!
Those pieces look beautiful, well done on your successes this week, hope it continues for you
ReplyDeleteLovely reasons, all of them and aren't you the talented one? Congratulations
ReplyDeleteSounds like it is all going well, then!
ReplyDeleteaw, thanks Ladies for your kind comments.
DeleteYou are right, always appreciated to hear you are a special mummy.
ReplyDeleteMich x
yep, even if it's followed by half an hour of stomping in refusal to get ready for school!
DeleteYour jewelry is lovely! And I took a Creative writing course (a few actually) and it was one of the most uplifting times for my self esteem. I have such fond memories of those course and the group like bonds you form with fellow writers.
ReplyDeletethanks. and you're right, it does wonders for self-esteem!
DeleteWhat a wonderful week you had! I LOVE the bracelet you made. It's so delicate and classy. I wouldn't just wear that: I could see it becoming a signature piece in my wardrobe. Keep it up! I can't wait to see what else you design!
ReplyDeletethat's very kind of you, altho i can't take credit for the basic idea for the design - shaping the silver ourselves we did need help with basic shapes etc. and i just hope i get the chance to make some more soon, when time and money allow!
Delete