Wednesday, 14 March 2012

What happened there, then?

What makes your darling little angel turn into a raging, stubborn ogre for the whole day? Answers on a postcard, please...

Image Credit - Calvin & Hobbes

B's turning point this morning was, well, I don't really know, and I'm sure he doesn't know either. It just kind of happened all of a sudden. From sitting on my bed, bopping to Jessie J on the radio while I dry my hair, to a wide-eyed, pout-lipped, foot-stomping uncontrollable nightmare. In one fell swoop.




How did that happen, then? I must have looked away for a second.

The outcome?
A bathroom floor swimming in soapy water.

A bedroom door creaking in its well-slammed hinges.
 
A little boy with a half-washed face and unwashed anything else this morning. Who eventually gave in and ate a tiny half a carrot slice with his dinner (yeah, victory!) before he got his yoghurt. And who'll not be seeing his scooter or his knights' castle for the next week or so.

A very stressed out, worn out mummy who for once, let it get to her and had to sit in the car once the little ogre was in school and have a bit of a weep. Who felt very sorry for herself for a while, and wished she didn't have to deal with this on her own all the time. And who wishes there was a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge right now.

But who knows her little angel will show himself again tomorrow.

Just as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment