Why don't kids know when they really could do with an early night?! B has a cold and a cough, which woke him up about an hour too early this morning, up well before 6am and didn't go back to sleep. Man, it's seems like an age since i've done the 5.30am starts, I'm used to the clock at least reading 6 and not 5...
![]() |
| A Police Owl... |
And then he had a really busy day in school today. The whole year had their much-anticipated, much-practised P1 assembly, which involved each class doing a little song and mini 'scenes' detailing some of the themes they've been learning this year, for all the parents to come and watch. B's big moment was as a policeman as part of 'night and day - jobs that are done in the day and in the night'. He'd been practising his big line for a few weeks now "I am a policeman and I work at night and in the day" and he carried off with much aplomb, if I do say so myself... (hey, I don't think I've ever used aplomb in a sentence, go me!) He then got to be an owl (nocturnal animals, dontcha know), but he still had his policeman's hat on so we had an owl policeman which was very amusing... I was a very proud mummy today.
On a Tuesday he also goes to afterschool club while I'm at work, usually until about 5pm. Even on a normal day, he's pretty beat at the end of the day. So I thought I'd pick him up a little early, so we could do tea, bath and bed a little early too. His sniffles and cough were still evident when we got home so I was glad he'd be in bed a bit earlier. Fast forward to bedtime, in bed nice and early (but not too early, no point in that!), story and cuddles. I was feeling very pleased with myself. Fast forward until now and he is still not asleep, muttering and singing to himself and not sounding like he's ready for sleeping. And it's no earlier than normal, in fact maybe even a little later.
Sheesh, doesn't he know he needs an early night?!
Linking up with Just Write at The EO.

coming over from just write. An early night is never that easy! Hope he's feeling better tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
http://www.normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com
thanks, am trying again tonight!
Delete