Monday, 23 July 2012

Boredom vs Budget: Week 2

Another week gone by and my Weekly holiday update has stalled once again. This time, though, I have a good reason, as B and I have been off on our little holiday this past week with friends to York. More of that next post!

So ever-so-slightly delayed, here's Week 2:
This week was going to be a quiet one, as I hadn't any specific plans in place to entertain the boy. And it was raining again. Limited options.

Monday, and given the continuing rain, it was a quiet, and luckily cheap-ish day. Pottering about the house, out for lunch and a wander at the local garden centre. And a 'game' of tennis in the garden in the afternoon in a break in the rainclouds. 

Money spent: spot of lunch out, no more. 
Energy used: Not too bad, at least we got out for a bit of fresh air in the afternoon.


Tuesday - Another rainy day and I needed to go shopping to get a pair of wellies for both me and B. B is not the keenest shopper, so I had to bribe him with a promise of a visit to the newly opened Smyths toystore next door to the wellies. Wow, he was literally giddy with excitement as we went in! His little face was darting from one shelf to the next, he couldn't take it all in quick enough! With his birthday in a month's time, this was a reccy for his birthday list. By the time we left, the list was pretty lengthy to say the least! And despite all the temptation, I somehow only had to pay out a couple of quid for a Spiderman comic. Bonus!



Money spent: a fair bit, including B's holiday haircut in the afternoon, but mostly necessary.
Boredom Level reached: dangerously close to whining but the toystore brought it back from the brink.

Thor's Hammer.
Wednesday. Another flooding 'Armadeddon' forecast, so it was going to be an indoors day. But not in the house, a trip to the flicks to see Ice Age 4. As we drove there, the rain was falling hard, and I wondered if the underground carpark at the cinema would be flooded by the time we came out... as it was, there was no flood. In fact, there wasn't even any rain! Not that I'm complaining, but we'd all been worked up into a flood frenzy, it was almost disappointing! In the afternoon, I'd promised B we'd make a Thor's hammer. Yes, you heard. He hasn't seen the film (Avengers Assemble) but he is obsessed with all things superhero just now. And I needed a bit of creativity! So, a Thor's hammer we did make! 

Money spent: cinema, never cheap. But free creativity in the afternoon!
Energy spent: enough.

On Thursday the rain was having a well-deserved respite for a few hours so we hopped on the bus down to the Meadows for a runaround and a play in the playpark. It was so good to be outside for a while. The sun didn't actually come out, but with such previously terrible weather, your expectations diminish a little. After lunch, we headed into town to meet B's dad as he was taking him for an extra night.

Money spent: very little, hurrah!
Energy used up: finally a whole load for both of us. Felt much better!

Friday - a day to myself... so went to work. *snore*


Week 2 Roundup:
Money spent: again, wasn't too bad, but  but bracing myself for holiday next week
Energy used up: a fair bit
Boredom Level: higher than last week, but still no "I'm bored"'s. I'm on a roll.
Top Tip: a cardboard box, sellotape and some kitchen foil!

Next Week: Our Trip to York

No comments:

Post a Comment