I can't quite believe a whole academic year has passed since this:
![]() |
| Setting off for Day 1 |
It’s the second week of the school holidays for us, in fact. Six and a half weeks of entertaining a 5 (nearly 6)
year old. *slow, deep breaths* A daunting prospect for all parents of school-aged children, of
course. I can’t quite decide if it’s worse for ‘first-timers’ like me because I
don’t have the experience or learned tips for dealing with the sprawling summer
holidays… or if more seasoned parents
would say I’ve got it good precisely because I don’t know what’s in store! I’ll
revisit that in a year’s time once I’ve got through this year!
So, to get the
blogging/writing juices flowing again, and to record the goings on this summer,
I’m thought I’d do a weekly post on what we’ve been up to, the highlights and
the struggles, and not just with the B word (that’s Boredom, people) but also
with managing the next month and a half’s demands on a limited budget.
Look out for a slightly belated Week One coming (very) soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment