Thursday, 12 January 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

I've just found Mummy From the Heart's 'Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3' (#R2BC for short) this morning.
Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

The January Blues have definitely been lurking about our house this week, so I feel I'm in need of some cheeriness!

Why am (or should) I be cheerful today?

1. B actually said he wanted to go to school this morning. Given the very different reaction on his first day back on Tuesday, this is a big achievement! And it meant we both left the house with smiles instead of grumps. A much better start to the day. Hopefully it'll continue once school's out later!

2. We have a huge tree which came down during last week's stormy weather. You could describe it as "conjoined tree twins", joined at the base of its huge trunk, and one of the 'twins' came a-thundering down last week, with an almighty crash which had both B and I running to the window to see what was happening. The reason I should be cheerful is that, given both our block of flats and the one opposite were both built within 'falling' distance of the tree, it missed both, landing instead on the grass in between.




Obviously there will be clear-up hassle (particularly given the ongoing problems with the company that is contracted to upkeep the grounds... but that's a whoooooole other story), but the fact that no damage was done, and more importantly that it came down when no-one was out in the garden - THAT doesn't bare thinking about - I do breathe a huge sigh of relief. Especially when hearing and seeing other stories of the carnage and upheaval caused by a few hours of crazy weather.

3. B had a follow-up appointment with the orthopaedics department at hospital yesterday. He's been walking on his 'tippy-toes'  for almost year now, it doesn't seem that there is any particular reason for this, but obviously I'm concerned it will lead to problems with his muscles/bones in his feet/legs. We've just to keep an eye on it for the next 6 months. Walking through the hospital, it struck me that so many parents and children go through a lot worse than tightened calf muscles. Might sound a bit worthy, but I am grateful for my child's health!

Ok, so that's my first #R2BC blog, I feel better already!

And congrats to Michelle at Mummy From the Heart's as it happens to also be her one year #R2BC Blog Hop / Linky (is there a difference between the two?) Anniversary!



5 comments:

  1. Wow, that was very lucky with the tree, could have been so much worse! Welcome to #R2BC, it's a great linky - and does cheer you up even if you are a bit down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! will definitely be joining in again with this linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the force of nature! One and two, great news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree is huge, its amazing it didn;t cause any damage on its way down - bet the kids are enjoying clambering over it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope no difference between the two in my opinion. I wrote a post on that a few days ago! lol

    Lovely to have you join in and glad all is fine with your little one.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete