Is there a Plan B? quotes from Bob Crampton from The Guardian:
The small stuff, ..., that you think is the small stuff,
and then you get older and realise that the small stuff is what actually matters.
A good mood day, i.e. a cold clear day with warm sunshine.
B doing his repertoire of funny faces. B watching himself in the mirror doing his repertoire of funny faces. B doing a really good impersonation of his little friend's Yorkshire accent and not realising he's doing it. B's delight every morning at seeing his friends in the school playground, as if he's not seen them for ages, but it's been less than 24 hours.
| news.discovery.com |
A double or triple rainbow, but I'll take a single one too. The orange night sky just before it snows. The silence of falling snow.
Suddenly noticing the vastness of a clear sky at night. Picking out all the stars, but not knowing any of the constellations. Using my new star-map app to spot in which direction the planets lie. Pointing out Venus and Jupiter to B and competing to see who is the most excited and in awe of being able to see actual planets!
The first trip of the year to the beach, usually when it's not quite warm enough to take your coat off. But sandcastles still get built and ice-creams still get licked. Then every trip to the beach after. Going for a walk along the sea-shore, shoes and socks off, having forgotten the feeling of the sinking sand and cold sea on your bare feet. Clambering up a big bank of sand, then running back down again.
Cuddles from B.
The words 'heebie-jeebies' and 'nincumpoop' (no, I didn't just make them up now).
Viggo Mortensen. Hugh Jackman. Not in any particular order.
Drinking sparkling wine from proper champagne flutes.
Waking up thinking it must be time to get up and the clock reassures me I've got another hour of snooze-time. Waking up to B's padding feet and a 'Good mornin' cheeky little face right next to mine. Getting that same wake up call when it's later than 7am (that one is a rarity, sadly. But one day...)
The words 'heebie-jeebies' and 'nincumpoop' (no, I didn't just make them up now).
Viggo Mortensen. Hugh Jackman. Not in any particular order.
Drinking sparkling wine from proper champagne flutes.
Waking up thinking it must be time to get up and the clock reassures me I've got another hour of snooze-time. Waking up to B's padding feet and a 'Good mornin' cheeky little face right next to mine. Getting that same wake up call when it's later than 7am (that one is a rarity, sadly. But one day...)
Being complimented by friends.
Watching B do a rolie-polie down a grassy bank.
Ticking off jobs on my to-do list. Writing nice tasks in my to-do list like 'book holiday' or 'arrange lunch with ... friend'.
| Image Credit: tomstuart.org |
Clambering on climbing frames with B. Still being able to clamber on climbing frames.
Playing Hide and Seek. Playing B's version of Hide and Seek where he tells me where he's going to hide. Or when he hides in the same place I've just hidden. His face when he finds me (especially if it's been a "really good hide place")
The smell of washing when it's been line-dried outside. My pink ugg slippers. Garlic bread. Daffodils.
* * *
I could go on. And on. Once you get going, the list of small stuff is endless. And it'll leave you in the best mood!
What's your Small Stuff?
Ooh! This is so what I hoped might happen when I wrote my post!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great? And doesn't it make you smile? I keep thinking of things to add to mine and having a little grin.
And you've reminded me of stuff I missed out - the silence of snow, love that! Clear skies. Cold days at the beach. Hugh Jackman!
I know, it is great for the soul. and i reckon you could do a new list every week or so and come up with new stuff every time. thanks!
Delete