Wednesday, 22 February 2012

The Gallery - Landscapes

This week's The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers was a tough one to choose which landscape to post. I did think about showing off Edinburgh (where I live just now) in all its glory, as I have plenty of shots to choose from, but I kinda have done that in other posts. I then trawled through some more 'exotic' shots of holidays (and when I say exotic, I mean European...), but they all felt a bit 'postcard-y', I wanted to find something a bit different.

So I have plumped for somewhere inbetween. These shots were taken on a rocky beach in Northumberland. It was B and I's first holiday away together on our own last year, and we had a fab few days. I would definitely go back there.

We stumbled upon lots of these strange stone structures which were dotted about all over the rocks. There were built purely by balancing stones on top of each other. It felt as if we were being challenged to stop and see what sort of structure we could build. 


Our effort, in the shot below, in the foreground. It may not have been the tallest or most elaborate of stone towers, but we put a little shell hat on it so we like it!



Blog-hop on over to Sticky Fingers to see some other amazing landscapes.



5 comments:

  1. Fab photos! Love your effort...great structure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to suddenly come across all those! Glad you added your own too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos what a lovely stoney landsape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to wait and see who else would stop by and build one too.

    ReplyDelete