Kate Takes 5 should feel no shame in her Mug-themed Listography this week.
There's just something about mugs which becomes very personal. I used to work with someone who would only use a mug with a particular shape and even thickness of china. Not because she was a member of the Tea Council or anything, just because that's how she liked her cuppa. Can't argue with that.
1. OK it may be an Easter cup, but it's a good mug for herbal tea or (if you look closely) hot water and lemon for when I have a dodgy tummy....
2. I think the perfect size and shape for a really good cup of tea. And as you can see from the design, it was given to me from B so another reason to love it.
3. I have never used this mug for it's original purpose of hot beverages, but it sits pride of place in the kitchen as it is a print of B's hand when he was a few months old.
4. B is really into Looney Tunes just now so a few weeks ago I dug this one and another out which had been buried at the back of a cupboard for some time. B loves them, needless to say.
5. These are my posh mugs, Royal Doulton, given to us (when there was an 'us') for a wedding present. I did think of shoving them up in the loft just because of what they represent, but annoyingly I really like them and they do make really good cuppas. So they are staying.
Head on over to Kate Takes 5 to add your own!





Re: The one with the handprint - I used to have a mug that shape and I loved cupping my hand around it's warmth as I drank. Obviously it broke as it was the mosst used mug I had.
ReplyDeletewhat a shame yours broke, i think that's why i haven't used mine, in fear of it getting broken!
DeleteLove the Taz mug - that's really cool
ReplyDeleteLou :-)
thanks! got a Bugs one too, from the Warner Bros store back when they still existed!
DeleteGood for you for keeping the last one - and why not!
ReplyDeleteMy herbal tea mug is my hot honey and lemon mug too!
ReplyDeleteLove the handprint one and yep, I still have things around from the 'us' days too which I have a love/hate relationship with.
I also have a Super Mum mug! Love it! Taz one is fab :)
ReplyDelete