So half-term is over and it's back to 'normality' tomorrow.
It's been a half-term of two halves for me. The first half meant I actually got to spend some time with B which didn't involve nagging him to get out the door at 8.30am for school, which I sometimes think is all I do! We got to lounge about in the house, playing silly games, rolling about on my bed, playing with his favourite cuddly toy cats. We went out and met a friend for a cuppa/juice and cake, went to the park, went out on his bike - hell, we even got to go to the beach (and it wasn't too cold...).
The second half of the week was very different. B went to his dad's and I was left scrabbling about trying desperately to fill the time so I didn't notice how empty the house feels without B there.
Apart from working thursday and my evening class on Wednesday, my attempts to busy myself failed somewhat, partly due to no-one being able 'to come out and play'. I regularly struggle with this in itself, going from resenting my friends for being too busy, to chastising myself for thinking like that, back to wondering why everyone has forgotten about me... these are in the gloomiest moments when I am on my own. This week, this happened on Thursday evening. A few glasses of wine probably didn't help, neither did catching up on Sky+ ER re-runs - god, I didn't remember so many episodes being so depressing!
At least I did get to speak to my wee boy every night via the mystical powers of t'internet/webcam, which made me smile for a few minutes.
And so the 4 'sleeps' without B plodded on, and I forced myself to go out on Saturday, to see the lovely George Clooney in The Descendants. So I guess it's not all bad!
And then to today, when I got my wee boy back again, along with a great big kiss.
Back to the school run tomorrow, earlier starts, rushed mornings, running to beat the school bell... my relief at getting back to normal again probably won't last too long when we're still floundering about at 8.37am tomorrow morning!
And I don't think B has got a proper grip on the 'permanence' of school yet, either. He asked me once again today, why he has to go back to school, cos he's "done school now". Yeah, ask me again when you're 17.


No comments:
Post a Comment