Thursday, 2 February 2012

Reasons to be cheerful - Week 5

I turned 37 last December, and today was shocked to have my very first "oh-my-god-I'm-nearly-40-what-have-I-done-with-my-life" moment, as I sat in the hair salon looking at an article in one of those 'in trend' magazines (the ones with way more adverts than articles) about all these uber-successful woman much younger than me.

So I think I need to stop and do a bit of Reasons to be Cheerful before I start to panic.
Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
Reasons to be cheerful right now:

1. B has not (yet) picked up my hideously stuffy cold which has had me spaced out for several days.

2. I had my hair done today and it was 40% off in a promotion.

3. A year after being made redundant, I now know what it is I would like to do, career-wise. (Have no idea how to get there, but first things first).

4. I am still in love with my new bed and still look at it and marvel at how I put it together all by myself!

5. I actually finished reading a book which wasn't self-help/parenting/separation guidance/work related.

6. I know it's frrrrrreeezing out there, but I love it when it's really cold but bright and sunny like it's been here the past few days. Perfect winter weather.


That'll do me just now.

Blog-hop on over to see others...


8 comments:

  1. I hit 35 in December and I'm still getting over the fact that I now have to tick the '35-44' box in surveys which is getting a bit too near to 40 for my liking...

    Hope you're able to get onto your new career path smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First to Woodland Window Watcher - come on!!! You are a spring chicken!!!
    And now to you - are you pleased with your new look hairdo? glad you know what you want to do. Small steps now to get there. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheffy I don't know how old you are but I guess you'll be telling me I'm a spring chicken in ten years' time too!!

      Delete
  3. You young whipper snapper I'm 41! Love your reasons especially the book one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kind words, thanks!
    never thought I'd be bothered by the age thing! am sure (hoping) the thought of 40 is worse than the reality! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep losing years.
    33 now but for most of the year I thought I was 32, got a shock when I realised I wasn't 32 anymore and will soon be 34.
    Not worried about how old I am but just at the fact that I felt I had lost a year or gained one, if you follow. haha

    I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up.
    I keep swinging from craft maker/self employed to nice safe teaching position where someone pays me regularly.

    Ah well, 40 is the new 30, maybe I might have made some decisions by then.
    Plenty time, sure.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkey Adventures, I too remember 'losing' a year round about 32/33 yrs, it did feel like an inbetween kind of age!

      Craftmaker/safe teaching position seems like a good compromise - and neither not far off what I ideally would like to be doing, but am way of either! good luck to you! x

      Delete
  6. I'll be 40 next year and whilst I am not worried about that it does seem like a milestone. Wish I coudl find a hair salaon with 40% off.

    Lovely to have you join in.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete