Thursday, 23 February 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful Week 8

I feel I need some positivity courtesy of Reasons to be Cheerful, as I'm not feeling particularly positive at the moment. I am heading inexorably towards a huge black financial hole and I'm really starting to panic. Sometimes I feel like I could be doing more to better the situation, but my confidence feels completely shot again and it is holding me back. Most times, I feel helpless to improve this situation, which makes me incredibly frustrated. To make things worse this week, a good friend has had a close family bereavement.

So I think I need an injection of positivity. Here's why I should be cheerful this week:
Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
1. I'm going out on a rare night out with some ex-colleagues tomorrow evening, which should include a few drinks, lots of laughs and some questionable singing at karaoke. Lookin' forward to it!

2. I am really enjoying my writing class, now half way through the ten week course. It's been really interesting and a great way to stir the creative juices and get some ideas flowing.

3. I have had really bad back and neck problems the last few months, and after a first visit to an osteopath last week, I definitely feel areas have improved. My neck and back are still bothering me, but at least now I know where I can go for some relief.

4. I got an offer the other day from the project I volunteer with, to do a one off assignment, something which I've never done before and will be brilliant experience. They could have asked lots of other volunteers to do it but they asked me, and it will be a great opportunity if it comes off.

5. This may be scraping the barrel, but there's a couple of TV programmes I like just about to start back up again which bizarrely makes me happy! Wot a saddo!

That's about it for now, I should re-read this a few times to brighten my mood.

Hop on over to Mummy from the Heart to see more Reasons to be Cheerful or blog-hop below.


3 comments:

  1. What a fab week you've had! Wonderful. Great to know you're enjoying your writing class. and 'hello' a night out brilliant! Have a blast and be safe :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons, I am really looking forward to Waterloo Road restarting! Sadoo here too.

    Hope Karaoke was fab, I love to sing.

    Have you been to the Citizens Advice Bureau and sat down with a fincial planner there to see if they have any good tips about your finances? Worth a try.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for advice, yeah have been meaning to speak to an IFA or somebody similar, but as usual it falls off the to-do list!

      Delete