Friday, 19 August 2011

Listography

From Kate Takes 5, a Guilty Pleasures Listography. (I think i share your taste in TV, Kate, as Dawson's Creek would have been on my list, and I remember all those Home & Away characters too). Here's a few of my Guilty Pleasures:

1. Trains. I don't mean trainspotter proportions, but due to B's obsession with trains and all things train-related, I actually now quite enjoy sitting for half an hour looking at the trains coming in and out of the station. And B has taught me to recognise the actual numbers of the platforms from an epic distance. I even don't mind looking at his train magazines with him for more than a few minutes... Your proper railway magazines like "Railways Illustrated", etc. At first I was tempted to buy porn just to hide the train magazine inside it when i was buying it...

Green Arrow. Yum.
2. Smallville (TV programme, on E4). For those who aren't acquainted with this little gem, its superman before he was superman i.e. Superman: The Early Years.  Typical teen/twenties angst type series with ridiculous, confusing plotlines. But in my defense, there is a good amount of fit male bods on display (Green Arrow does it for me over Superman himself), so where's the harm in that?!





Kevin McCloud
3. Ooh can't believe I'm admitting this one...  Grand Design's Kevin McCloud. Not for being particularly attractive per se, but there's something about his confidence-bordering-on-arrogance style, intelligence, etc. Definitely something in that. I was completely ribbed by former colleagues on this a while ago, but despite the derision I stand by my weirdness! Anyone?


4. Michael Buble. Might be a bit cheesey, but his Crazy Love album got me through some tough times last year.... so he'll always be on my ipod, even though I can't listen to it anymore right now! Too many difficult memories attached to it for the moment.

5. Bit controversial for some for classing it as a 'guilty pleasure', it's Netmums.com. Now, for those other Netmummies this might seem odd, but I do sometimes get the *eye-roll, laugh* type thing by non-parent/non-netmummy friends if I mention Netmums in a conversation if its given me some good advice/information (which it often does).

Wow, I feel cleansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment