My bedroom. A place of peace and tranquility. Of calmness, serenity. A sanctuary, to use a cliche, to escape the higgledy-piggledy, toy-infested rooms that exist just beyond the door.
Well... maybe that's what it looks like before I go to bed, but in the morning, it's a different story...
When B gets up in the morning, he comes through to my bedroom. If I'm lucky, he might actually snuggle in the bed, alongside various furry animals and his favourite pillow, for all of, 5 minutes, before the business of the morning begins. And that business is very busy, let me tell you. It usually involves lots of trains, lots of cars, and lots of cuddly toys. All laid out meticulously, in as many nooks, crannies and corners of my 'sanctuary' as is possible, including my bed where I am still half-asleep.
I listen to him go about his busy business, setting up his furry cats who today are all on the train platform watching the trains go by into Waverley station.
This morning we also had an off-road course for mega-trucks and a quadbike. Before I get out the bed, I am always part of these assault courses, and woe-betide me if I move and upset the course.
And of course, being so busy makes little people hungry, so there is the obligatory food stop, usually a banana followed by a bit of toast. And that's before breakfast.
Muggins here usually has to clear it all away at some point during the day, and I always find a random train carriage, or double-decker bus (or worse, rogue bit of banana!) several days/weeks later, tucked away in an unseen corner.
I wouldn't have my mornings any other way!
Head over to The Gallery for more Morning photos.




lol the joys of motherhood. Great post x
ReplyDeletethanks! yep, mornings are never dull (and he doesn't even ask for the TV on!)
ReplyDeleteHe's such a busy boy! Love the mega-trucks off-road course (with mum included) and I know exactly what you mean about finding things days later. It's often little bits of lego in my bedroom - and I usually spot the piece as I'm running the hoover over it! x
ReplyDelete