Wednesday, 7 March 2012
The Gallery - Light
For The Gallery this week, the theme is Light.
I immediately thought of this series of photos I took a couple of years ago, during a long weekend holiday in Perthshire. I guess a bit of a cliche in terms of a Light theme, but I love the feeling of them and the memories they evoke.
Of course, photos (at least ones from your bog standard digital camera like this one) can't do the real thing justice, because the colours in this sunset were so intense. What really struck me, I remember, was that it didn't look like I was gazing out over the countryside in the middle of Scotland, but rather an African landscape (somewhere a bit hotter, anyway!).
Check out other Light photos at Sticky Fingers.
Labels:
holiday,
memories,
The Gallery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




They are amazing colours. I am always annoyed that I can never quite capture the warmth of a sunset.
ReplyDeleteI know I can never really do them justice, i think these ones were a bit of a fluke which is why i love them!
DeleteJust stunning...the sky is the most beautiful canvas ever.
ReplyDeleteMollyxxx
Great photos. The second one is my favourite x
ReplyDeletethanks Ladies,it was a beautiful sky, i just happened to point the camera and click!
Deleteohh what beuatiful photos such lovely colours nature is truly wonderful x
ReplyDelete