Friday, 3 February 2012

Dear So and So...

Oof, I know it's not supposed to be good blogging etiquette to do too many Linky's in a row, but have been wanting to join in Dear So and So over at 3 Bedroom Bungalow for ages and usually leave it too late.


So forgive my blogging folly.

Dear So and So...











Dear Lady at Sainsbury's checkout - Part I
I know I look younger than my years, and I know that my new fringe and lack of makeup this morning may have made me look younger, but did I really not look old enough to buy a bottle of wine?! Surely one good thing about being ... *gasps* 37 ... is the fact I don't have to worry about being ID'd?? Apparently not it seems. And as for your colleague thinking I look "at least 18, if not 25"... gee, thanks.

Yours in bewilderment, Legitimately Allowed to Consume Alcohol

* * *

Dear Lady at Sainsbury's checkout - Part II
On the flip side of being ID'd for buying a bottle of wine, I should also thank you for thinking that I may not be old enough to buy said bottle!

Yours smugly, Way Older than you Think

* * *


Hey you, groups of high school kids walking past B and I
OPEN YOUR FLIPPIN' EYES! Every single Friday, at least one of you fails to see us coming towards you - even when you seemingly are looking right at us, WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?! - and trips over us. TAKE YOUR TEENAGE BLINKERS OFF!!

Yeh Cheers, Your fellow Pavement users

* * *


Dear Cold Virus
OK, time to beat it. And don't think you can slink your way into B on your way oot the door either.

Yours, Spaced out and Blocked up

* * *


Dear B
It's Friday teatime, i'm missing your wee face already. You'd think nearly 2 years on I'd be used to this arrangement. Apparently not. Can't wait to see you tomorrow wee yin!

Mummy xxx

* * *


Dear Bathroom
If I leave the Cif Power Cleaner out, any chance of giving yourself a clean? I got better things to do tonight, like catching up on Sky+ stuff. Much obliged.

Yours in blind hope.

* * *








3 comments:

  1. LOL! Great letters! I posted similar notes to my vacuum, dishwasher and broom. Apparently they have not read them yet as they have not gotten up and started doing their work. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the Sainsbury's policy awful. Patronising, anal, 'bureaucracy gone mad' etc. I ceased to find it flattering a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first time i've been on the receiving end of it, doubt i'll see the funny side of it if there's a next time! x

      Delete